DeKalb Sanitary District Customers
At 303 Hollister Only
Authorized dumping is only allowed at the treatment plant, never to manholes.
No Fee to Residents
Residents of the District may dump the toilets of their personal, non-commercially used recreational vehicles without charge at the District at 303 Hollister Avenue between the hours of 7 AM and 3 PM on weekdays.
If you have never dumped your recreational vehicle here before, please stop at the administration office for directions on how and where to do this.
Approved Septic Haulers
Dumping for a Fee
Properly registered septic haulers are permitted for fee dumping (3 cents per gallon at this time) of limited amounts of normal strength residential sewage at the District under regulated and tested conditions.
By Appointment Only
To protect our delicate ecosystem, septic haulers must obtain permission and an appointment to dump each time they wish to do so, and amounts allowed each day are limited to a total of 3000 gallons from all sources. The hauler must document where and when the wastewater was received, and leave a sample for testing. The truck and hauler's license number and the driver's name are also documented at each visit.
Approved Haulers Only
To have credentials reviewed in preparation for making an application to dump septic system wastewater at the plant, call the District at 815 758-3513 and ask to have a packet of application materials mailed to you.
The following documentation, at a minimum, will be necessary to have your septic hauler application reviewed for acceptance:
- Illinois Driver’s License – current and valid – for each driver who will be using truck
- State of Illinois Department of Public Health Private Sewage Disposal System Pumping Contractor License – current and valid. (Does not apply to Porta Pottys.)
- DeKalb County Septic Pumper’s license – current and valid. (Does not apply to Porta Pottys.)
- License plate number of each vehicle that is will be used to deliver septage
- Maximum Capacity (in gallons) of each vehicle that is being used. (Greater than 3000 gallons is not allowed.)
- Business name and address and phone
- Business owner name and address and phone (if different)
- Billing address (if different)
- MSDS sheets – Porta Potty chemical(s)
You will not be allowed to dump until the application has been reviewed and approved by Mark Eddington, P.E., District Manager.